University of Ottawa. Alumni and Development Office

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

University of Ottawa. Alumni and Development Office

Parallel form(s) of name

    Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

      Other form(s) of name

        Identifiers for corporate bodies

        Description area

        Dates of existence

        History

        The Alumni Association of the University of Ottawa is established in 1883. In 1946, Fr. Arcade Guindon, omi, creates a permanent Alumni Secretariat that joins the French and English divisions. The Association seeks to foster a spirit of fellowship and co-operation among alumni. It promotes the interests of the University, strengthens the bond between Alumni and their Alma Mater and advances the cause of higher education. In 1984, the Alumni Association becomes part of the newly-created Alumni and Development Office. Since 1987, it answers to the Vice-Rector (University Relations).

        Places

        Legal status

        Functions, occupations and activities

        Mandates/sources of authority

        Internal structures/genealogy

        General context

        Relationships area

        Access points area

        Subject access points

        Place access points

        Occupations

        Control area

        Authority record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules and/or conventions used

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language(s)

          Script(s)

            Sources

            Maintenance notes