Title and statement of responsibility area
St. Mark the Evangelist Church (Anglican), Avonmore, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
5 cm of textual records 1 photograph : b&w
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
A congregation in Avonmore was formed around 1888 (specific date unknown). Land was donated by Oscar and Catherine Fulton in 1891 and the church was built the following year. St. Mark the Evangelist, Avonmore was consecrated by Bishop J. Travers Lewis on October 31, 1892. By 1904, St. Mark's Church had been greatly improved by the erection of a tower and a fine commodious chancel. The rectory, which was part of the original mission of Newington, Avonmore and 8th Line was sold in June 1961. That same year, the congregation of St. Augustine's, 8th Line was amalgamated with Avonmore. St. Mark's Church was closed in 1978 with the last service held on November 12. In the summer of 1982, St. Mark the Evangelist, Avonmore was deconsecrated and closed due to the need for expensive repairs to the building and the greatly diminished size of the congregation. The land was sold to Mr. Donald Duffy in 1985.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of St. Mark the Evangelist congregation in Avonmore, Ontario. It includes vestry records, 1930-1978, financial records, property records, historiography, and a photograph.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of St. Mark the Evangelist, Avonmore.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index for parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
No further accruals are expected.
Photograph is encapsulated.
The parish registers for this congregation are with the Parish of Long Sault.