Title and statement of responsibility area
St. John's Church (Anglican), Antrim, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
13 cm of textual records 7 photographs : col. Service registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Services were held from about 1869 in the Fitzroy Schoolhouse before St. John's was erected in 1873 on land donated by Mr. John Wilson for a church and burial ground. Bishop J. Travers Lewis consecrated St. John's, Antrim on December 19, 1888. The exterior of the church and rectory were painted and the church interior was renovated in 1917-1918. In 1961, St. John's was completely redecorated inside. The centennial of St. John's, Antrim was celebrated in 1973. St. John's, Antrim, along with St. Mark's, Pakenham, and St. George's, Waba, form the Parish of Pakenham.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of St. John's congregation in Antrim, Ontario. It includes vestry records, 1871-1901, service registers, 1911-1949, records of committees and organizations, financial records, property records, special services and events material, correspondence, historiography, newsclippings. Includes some records for St. Augustine of Canterbury Church, Galetta.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of St. John's, Antrim.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index for parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
Some photographs are encapsulated.
The parish registers for this congregation are with the Parish of Pakenham.