Fonds 6C2 B4 - St. Barnabas' Church (Anglican), Bristol Mines, Quebec fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Barnabas' Church (Anglican), Bristol Mines, Quebec fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code

CA ON00006 6C2 B4

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1895-1955 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

3 cm of textual records Service register fragile.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

In 1893, the Rev. W.C. Dilworth of Bristol secured a lot of land as a gift from Mr. William Rattray for a church and burial ground at Bristol Mines. By 1895, the former St. Mark's, Bristol (apparently in operation from 1867-1887) was dismantled and rebuilt four miles away and dedicated St. Barnabas' Church, Bristol Mines. Bishop William Bennett Bond of Montreal consecrated St. Barnabas' on August 19, 1895. The church was deconsecrated and the property sold by the Diocese of Montreal in October 1955. The burial ground has been retained.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of a service register, 1916-1955, and property records for St. Barnabas' congregation in Bristol Mines, Quebec.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of St. Barnabas', Bristol Mines.


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access


Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.

Finding aids

Index for parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"

Associated materials

Related materials


No further accruals are expected.

General note

Parish history in "The Church in Clarendon" by W. H. Naylor, published in 1919.

General note

The parish registers for this congregation are with the Parish of Aylmer.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres