Title and statement of responsibility area
St. Barnabas' Church (Anglican), Bristol Mines, Quebec fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
3 cm of textual records Service register fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
In 1893, the Rev. W.C. Dilworth of Bristol secured a lot of land as a gift from Mr. William Rattray for a church and burial ground at Bristol Mines. By 1895, the former St. Mark's, Bristol (apparently in operation from 1867-1887) was dismantled and rebuilt four miles away and dedicated St. Barnabas' Church, Bristol Mines. Bishop William Bennett Bond of Montreal consecrated St. Barnabas' on August 19, 1895. The church was deconsecrated and the property sold by the Diocese of Montreal in October 1955. The burial ground has been retained.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of a service register, 1916-1955, and property records for St. Barnabas' congregation in Bristol Mines, Quebec.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of St. Barnabas', Bristol Mines.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index for parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
No further accruals are expected.
Parish history in "The Church in Clarendon" by W. H. Naylor, published in 1919.
The parish registers for this congregation are with the Parish of Aylmer.