Bestanddeel 2006.9.1.1 - Old Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery Correspondence

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Old Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery Correspondence

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

  • Textual record

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

Beschrijvingsniveau

Bestanddeel

archiefbewaarplaats

referentie code

CA ON00154 2006.9.1.1

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 2002-2003 (Vervaardig)
    Archiefvormer
    Wesleyan Cemetery
    Plaats
    Port Hope, Municipality of

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

0.01m textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

(1865-1871)

Institutionele geschiedenis

The Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery was active for burials in the town of Port Hope from 1835-1871, located on Pine Street. The cemetery was closed in 1871 and in 1931 the remains were reported to have been moved to the Port Hope Union Cemetery and the land was sold toe the Trustees of the Port Hope High School. In 1931, a judge of the United Counties of Northumberland and Durham approved the closure of the Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery on Pine Street, Port Hope and the removal of bodies to Union Cemetery on Toronto Road, Port Hope. In 2002, after the sale of the property (originally built as the Port Hope High School in 1896 and later used as Dr. M. S. Hawkins School) the development of the property into luxury condominiums began. During the excavation of what was the play ground, human remains were found, indicating that not all of the remains had been moved in 1931 to Union Cemetery. As a result, the Port Hope United Church, Municipality of Port Hope, the Port Hope Cemetery Board and the Ministry of Business and Consumer Affairs worked together with the developer to have the remains removed from the site to Trent University for examination and tests and later re-interred at Union Cemetery. In 2005 the last of the remains were re-interred at Port Hope Union Cemetery.

Geschiedenis beheer

Donated to the Port Hope Archives in 2006.

Bereik en inhoud

File consists of materials related to the moving of human remains from the Old Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery. It includes: Copy of Ontario Regulation for Burial Sites, 2002; Notice of Declaration in the matter of the discover of human remains on the Dr. Hawkins School site in 2002. Gives details of the parties involved; Letter from Rev. Paul Putman, regarding allowing Trent University to conduct studies on the remains.

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

Ordening

Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Toegangen

Associated materials

Related materials

Aanvullingen

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Regels of conventies

Status

Niveau van detaillering

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Taal van de beschrijving

Schrift van de beschrijving

Bronnen

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres