Middlesex, County of

30 Archival description results for Middlesex, County of

George F. Durand Sous-fonds
CA ON00353 AFC 47-SF1 · Sous-fonds · 1867 - 1889

Sous-fonds contains architectural drawings of 62 projects created by George F. Durand, individually or in partnership with others, in London and surrounding areas. The drawings consist of plans, elevations, sections, details, a water colour painting, sketches and plans for various utilities such as heating, plumbing and ventilating.

Untitled
CA ON00353 AFC 361-RC80190 · Item · c1877
Part of O'Connor and Lancaster photograph album

This photograph is a view of buildings looking north along Richmond Street and buildings to the east including St. Peter's Cathedral and Bishop's Palace (later rectory) on Dufferin Avenue; and Crystal Palace and military garrison buildings at far right.

Halls: Odd Fellows'
CA ON00353 AFC 361-RC80213 · Item · c1877
Part of O'Connor and Lancaster photograph album

Oddfellows Hall was located at the north east corner of Dundas Street and Clarence Street in downtown London. Main floor was occupied by Nordheimer Piano Company for many years.

CA ON00279 F01-S010 · Series · 1982-2013

The series consists of records kept by the General Superior office for use in the administration of the community in London, Ontario. Material is primarily from the period during which Sister Margo Ritchie held the office, but it also contains material from when Sister Mary Diesboug and Sister Valerie Van Cauwenburghe held the position. This series contains twelve subseries relating to the operations, missions, and activities of the congregation. This includes the Medaille Retreat House, Josephs’ House, the Detox Centre, My Sister’s Place, St. Joseph’s Hospitality Centre, Elizabeth Place, St. Stephen’s House, the Southdown Project, Holy Rosary House in Windsor, the Goderich convent, and the Sisters of St. Joseph in Alberta. There is also material related to the hospitals in London, Sarnia, and Chatham administered by the Sisters and the transfer of operation of said hospitals to the Chatham-Kent Health Alliance and St. Joseph’s Health Care Society. There is material related to the construction of a new residence, especially concerning the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards of the new building, and relocation of the Sisters from Mount St. Joseph to this new residence.

There is also material related to the various meetings of the congregation, from the more informal Community Days to the more formal Assemblies and Chapters. Chapters are formal congregational meetings where major decisions, such as amalgamation and leadership positions were voted on. There are voting records from the 2011 Special Chapter and the 2009 Oneness Project in this series. There are also reports from the Leadership Circle, Chapters, and committees within the congregation. There is also material from the Federation of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Canada, an organization made up of all the Congregations of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada. There is material from the Federation and the London congregation’s systemic justice efforts and the Sisters’ efforts towards concerning the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. There are various newsletters from the Federation and the London congregation. The series also includes administrative correspondence and speeches presented by the General Superior to the congregation.

In summary, the series contains letters, reports, speeches, minutes, voting records, newsletters, pamphlets, prayer books, agendas, meeting minutes, memorandums, postcards, photographs, correspondence, timelines and schedules, inventory lists, legal documents, meeting minutes, executive summaries, budget reports, reports, newspaper and magazine clippings, bursary reports, histories, bulletins, designs for stained glass windows, and property appraisals.

Untitled
CA ON00353 AFC 361-RC80214 · Item · c1877
Part of O'Connor and Lancaster photograph album

This view includes houses and other buildings behind the church. Originally called North Street Methodist Church, street was renamed Queen's Ave. in 1876 with church name following shortly thereafter. The church burned down in 1895.

CA ON00279 F01-S123 · Series · 1912-2008

The series contains correspondence, newsletters, photographs, scrapbooks, postcards, diagrams, clippings, bulletins, brochures, programs, song sheets, posters, publications, dramatic scripts, and reports. This material is related to the history of the third Mother House of the Sisters of St. Joseph in London, which was called Mount St. Joseph. There is information about the construction of the building and detailed information about its special features and decoration, including the Immaculate Conception Chapel, and its grounds, particularly the Grotto. The records also relate to planning the construction of, and move to, the Sisters’ residence in 2007, and the sale of the Mount St. Joseph building and property. There are records which reflect communal life in the convent, including the various organized groups, events, and dramatic and musical entertainment, and menus, meal planning, and recipes. The series contains records related to men religious who served at the Mother House, and other Diocesan correspondence. Information about both Fatima Hall and Ignatia Hall can be found, including the various uses of space in these buildings.

Untitled
CA ON00353 AFC 361 · Discrete Item · ca. 1877

This photograph album was likely prepared for advertising and promotional purposes by the O'Connor and Lancaster firm, or "Popular Photo Studio". It contains prints of London, Ontario, scenes, as well as advertising and promotional information about London and some of its businesses.

Untitled