Showing 56 results

Archival description
With digital objects Allan McKeeman fonds
Print preview View:

Guelph Reformatory

This photograph shows the administration building on the grounds of the Guelph Correctional Centre (previously named the Ontario Reformatory). The building was constructed with prison labour in 1911.

Johnston Hall

This photograph shows Johnston Hall at the University of Guelph. Johnston's Hall was build in 1932 and consists of administrative offices and student living space.

Covered Bridge

This photograph shows the covered bridge near Gordon Street. It was built in 1992 and is part of the Royal Recreational Trail.

Covered Bridge

This photograph shows the covered bridge near Gordon Street. It was built in 1992 and is part of the Royal Recreational Trail.

Speed River

This photograph is of the Speed River between Wyndham and Neeve Streets, behind the Wellington Street Plaza.

John McCrae Memorial Gardens

This photograph shows the entrance to the John McCrae Memorial Gardens on Water Street. Pictured here is a close up of a torch which is part of the gate's design.

Alumni Stadium

Photograph shows the alumni stadium at the University of Guelph. A sculpture of a football player, titled "The Hand-Off," can be seen in this photograph.

As it's Written

This photograph is of a mural located at City Hall and is titled "As it's Written." The mural includes an image of John Galt the city's founder, the Basilica and a young fawn. The fawn represents the Attawandaron or "People of the Deer" in this photograph.

The Junkyard of Memory

This photograph shows a large-scale mural created by cartoonist and designer Gregory Gallant (Seth) and is titled "The Junkyard of Memory". It can be seen on the outside wall of the Bookshelf in downtown Guelph.

The Boathouse

This photograph shows the Boathouse located next to the Speed River on Gordon Street.

Petrie Building

This photograph shows the Petrie building on Wyndham Street in downtown Guelph. The exterior of the building was designated as a heritage building in 1990.

Church of Our Lady

This photograph shows the Church of Our Lady. The church was designated as a national historic site in 1990.

Graystone Residences

This photograph shows Graystone Residences on Waterloo Ave. The building once served as a bus barn for the Guelph Transportation Commission (now Guelph Transit). Previously the building was the car barn for the Guelph Radial Railway line.

Guelph City Hall

This photograph shows the new City Hall on Carden Street. It was opened to the public in 2009.

Results 1 to 20 of 56