This series consists of contracts, deeds, plans, and newspaper clippings relating to Hellmuth College from 1866-1952. There is a general history and photographs of Hellmuth College. The series includes photographs of the Chapel and Motherhouse. The series contains a description of the layout of the Orphanage as well as information regarding the day-to-day routines. The series also contains notes on the process of purchasing the Mills property and written summaries of ecclesiastical events such as the Eucharistic Congress at Mount St. Joseph in July, 1923 and the visit of Cardinal Villeneuve in 1934. There are also special issues of the Western Gazette and magazine and newspaper articles, including a biography of Bishop Hellmuth, and the building of the new Motherhouse.
This subseries consists of photocopies of contracts and deeds from 1866-1952 relating to Hellmuth College and Mount St. Joseph Motherhouse. The subseries includes two maps depicting the property bounded by Richmond (formerly Proof Line) and Windermere Road (formerly the 4th Concession). The subseries includes original newspaper clippings from The London Free Press, The Catholic Record, and London Advertiser from 1908. There are also notes on the process of purchasing the Mills property. Finally, the subseries includes a photograph of Sisters in a horse and carriage in front of the chapel in 1925, and photographs of the chapel during demolition in 1976.
The subseries contains Mary DeLoof’s memoirs of her life at the orphanage, including a description of the layout and daily routines. There are photographs of Mary DeLoof as part of the first graduating class of Catholic Central High School in 1951. There are newspaper articles about Isaac Hellmuth and some about the building of the new Motherhouse as well as "London City Life Magazine' articles on this subject. The subseries also contains information about Annabelle Leed who was an orphan, including photographs of her from later in her life and her obituary.
The subseries includes a general history of Hellmuth College. Included are specifics about the donation of one brick and approximately 15 pieces of glass from the windows of Hellmuth College to the Anglican Diocese of Huron. The document lists the students from the late 1800’s who carved their names into the glass with diamond rings. There is correspondence in the form of reference inquiries, including one about the Dufferin Medallist recipients from Hellmuth Ladies’ College. There is a photocopy of the rules for the pupils attending Hellmuth Ladies’ College from 1869. There are photographs showing the front view of the College building. There is an A.B. Dick Company mimeograph depicting the Hellmuth Ladies’ College. Articles are included from The Free Press and Western Gazette and London Magazine about Bishop Hellmuth.
This subseries consists of a summary of the Eucharistic Congress which was chosen by Bishop Fallon to be held at the Mount St. Joseph Chapel in July, 1923. After the celebration of Mass, the Blessed Eucharist was carried throughout the grounds followed by the children and Sisters. The entire service was accompanied with music from 100 children from the separate schools as well as the Sisters. The subseries also includes a summary of the visit of Cardinal Villeneuve of Quebec in 1934. The Sisters were honoured he would be visiting them and therefore decorated the halls with bunting, flags, and flowers. Throughout his speech, the Cardinal continuously addressed the school children and specifically thanked the Sisters.