Showing 5 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Belleville Buildings and structures
Print preview View:

John Turnbull fonds

  • Fonds
  • 1823-1897

The fonds contains the papers of John S. Turnbull of Belleville, Ontario. Enclosed in the first file is a description of the property of a Mr. Forrin; a notice instructing Mr. Turnbull to pay Mr. James Anderson eleven pounds, ten shillings by Mr. James Turnbull; and a description of the west side of Front Street. The second file consists of items relating to Turnbull's estate including a list of properties he owned, a list of personal effects, the last will and testament of Margaret Campbell, the first and final wills of John Turnbull, and documents pertaining to a dispute over his estate by his family after his death, there is also a map of mineral reserves in Marmora. The third file is composed of various real estate contracts, the fourth file consists of real estate deeds, while the fifth file is made up of real estate leases.

Turnbull, John

John Doran collection

  • CA ON00156 2016-22
  • Collection
  • [1950s]

15 images rescued from the Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf in the 1980s. The images date from the early 1950s and are pasted on to card. They were used in teaching children at the school. They depict buildings in Belleville, Ontario: the Armouries; the Government Dock (printed image from a brochure); Deacon Brothers Ltd. (printed image of the Dundas Street site); postcard of Victoria Park and Belleville Harbour (taken from the City Hall tower); the Tabernacle United Church (b/w photograph); Belleville Public Works Department (b/w photograph); Belleville City Hall and Belleville City Council Chamber (2 b/w photographs); Shire Hall [demolished 1961] and Hastings County Council Chamber (2 b/w photographs); group of children standing behind Belleville Police Station, with Armouries in rear (b/w photograph); St. Thomas Church from the south (b/w photograph); Pump House (b/w photograph); Hastings County Registry Office (b/w photograph); the Baptist Church on Pinnacle Street/Victoria Avenue (b/w photograph).

The collection also includes a colour print of 'Keep BCI in the Picture' a reproduction of 'East Side, West Side' by Eve Lucy, printed by Market High as part of the campaign BCIVS 2000, commiteeted to keeping the Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School building as part of the Belleville landscape.

Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf

Belleville Fire Department collection

  • CA ON00156 2016-29
  • Collection
  • 1910-2015

Materials collected by the Belleville Fire Department from members and former members of the department. They include photographs, correspondence, press clippings and fire call logs.

Donna McPherson fonds

  • Fonds
  • 2012

Photographs of historic homes in West Hill, Belleville, Ontario. The following houses are pictured:
16 Benjamin Street
35, 45, 70, 83, 110 and 117 Bridge St. West (and three unidentified properties)
2 Catherine Street
House at corner of Cedar/Henry Streets
10 and 12, 11, 14, 22, 23 and 58 Charlotte Street
Coleman (Billa Flint's house)
23, 29, 42 and 49 Dunbar Street
14 Henry Street
2, 11, 16, 25, 51, 74 and 88 Highland Street
Unidentified property on Holloway Street
8, 11, 18 and 26 Isabel Street (and Queen Mary's School)
9 and 102 James Street (and an unidentified property)
169 Moira St. West (and five unidentified properties)
114 Moodie Street
6, 18 and 20 Murney Street
Unidentified house on Octavia Street
125, 149 and 159 Yeoman Street

McPherson, Donna

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Quinte Region Branch fonds

  • CA ON00156 MG 635
  • Fonds
  • 1983-2002

Contains mostly the Quinte Branch newsletter but also a number of walking tours of Belleville and Picton. Some of the minutes from meetings are also included as are some newspaper clippings associated with historic buildings of the region.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Quinte Branch