This is a photograph of a graphite and ink wash drawing of Arthur Cole Verner, first classical teacher and principal of the Wellington District Grammar School about 1840-41. He remained over 6 years in the old school house on Waterloo Road and then retired to his farm near Oakville where he remained 14 years.
This portrait shows the Saunders family. In the front, from left to right are Lucy Ann Willcocks, Mrs. Thomas Saunders, and Col. Thomas Saunders. In the back, from left to right are shown Louisa and Frances Saunders.
This photograph in St. George's Square shows a number of businesses at the corner of Douglas Street and Quebec Street East. Included are the Victoria Hotel, R. Crawford's jewelry and watchmaking shop, and Mitchell and Tovell Undertakers and Furniture Store. At the bottom left of the image can be seen the rubble from St. George's Church which was torn down in the Square and moved to its present location on Woolwich Street.