Showing 389 results

Archival description
CA ON00154 2014.74-2015.2.5 · File
Part of Doherty Collection

File consists of two (2) artifacts from the 175th Port Hope Fall Fair, 15-17 Sep 2006. It includes: (1) Port Hope Fair 175th Anniversary Button; (2) "Show and Shine" Car Show Card.

CA ON00154 2011.10-2015.68 · File · 2015
Part of Marielle Lambert Collection

File consists of two (2) tickets and information booklets from the 50th Anniversary Port Hope House Tour, hosted by the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario Port Hope Branch, 3-4 Oct 2015. The tour included: The Cone (115 Dorset Street West), Wimborne (89 Dorset Street West), 110 Dorset Street West, 82 Pine Street South, 76 John Street, Bloomsbury (2 Baldwin Street), Craig House (42 Bedford Street), Molson Mill (284 Hope Street North), Terralta (160 Dorset Street West), Thomas McCreery House (78 Augusta Street), Cawthrone House (64 Augusta Street), Coach House (39 Pine Street South), Metcalfe Terrace (134-136 Walton Street), Palmer House (23 Shuter Street), 25 Shuter Street, Log Cabin (284 Hope Street North).

Lambert, Marielle (Bennett)
CA ON00154 2006.45-2006.45.1.3 · File · 1988
Part of ACO Port Hope Branch House Tour Papers

File consists of a poster and ticket order form for the 1988 Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch House Tour. Event was held Saturday, October 1, with a tribute to the Bluestone. Featured homes included the Bluestone, The Grange, Canton Schoolhouse, Trinity College School's chapel and guild room and a number of unnamed homes.

CA ON00154 2006.45-2005.16.1.3 · File · 2004
Part of ACO Port Hope Branch House Tour Papers

File consists of publication materials created for the ACO House Tour, 2004. It includes: pamphlet advertising the 2004 ACO House tour with ticket information; 2004 House Tour guide book produced by the Port Hope ACO with the assistance from Port Hope businesses and line drawings by Brigette Mueller; St. John's Anglican Cemetery walking tour pamphlet researched and created by Barbara Bolton of Port Hope. Pamphlet and guide book for the Port Hope Branch of the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario's 39th annual House tour.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, House Tour
CA ON00154 2006.45-2005.16.1.1 · File · 2004
Part of ACO Port Hope Branch House Tour Papers

File consists of the papers of the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch annual House Tour, 2004. The House Tour took place on Saturday, 2 Oct 2004. File contains minutes, list of committee members and responsibilities; budget; financial statements; committee member contact information.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, House Tour
CA ON00154 2006.45-2006.45.1.2 · File · 1984
Part of ACO Port Hope Branch House Tour Papers

File consists of papers regarding the planning of the 1984 Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch House Tour, including meeting minutes. The ACO House Tour was held October 6, 1984, featuring the Bluestone, Little Bluestone, 54 King Street, 20 King Street, 13 King Street, The Lodge at Trinity College School, Fairmount, The Mill house log cabin, St. Mark's Church and the Thomas Gallery.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, House Tour
CA ON00154 2006.45-2005.16.1.2 · File · 2004
Part of ACO Port Hope Branch House Tour Papers

File consists of newspaper clippings collected for the files of the ACO Port Hope House Tour, 2004. Coverage includes advertising before the event, articles on various features of the tour and a report after the event. Note: no date or publication references were written on the clippings.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, House Tour
CA ON00154 2004.23-2004.23.2.9 · File · 1910-1916
Part of Tom Long Local History Collection (Second Accrual)

File consists of the military papers of Alfred H.C. Long, 1910-1916. It includes: Certificate of Military Instruction, Infantry Branch, 1910; 46th Regiment, School of Signaling, Certificate of Military Instruction, 28 Apr 1911; Certificate of Military Instruction 24 Jun 1913; 46th Regiment, Certificate of Military Instruction, Field Officer, 1916; Certificate of Military Instruction of Musketry Instruction, 1916; Regimental Fund Account, 136th Durham Overseas Battalion, C. E. F. 1915-1916; Battalion Order # 112. Second page duplicated. Syllabus of training, May 13, 1916 Commanding 136th Durham Overseas Battalion, Port Hope; Militia Orders, 21 May 1910, A. H. C. Long listed, 46th Regiment; Appointments, Promotions and Retirements, Canadian Militia, 1914; Letter to Major A. H. C. Long, junior Major from Lt. Col. R. W. Smart regarding Smart's resignation, 1916.

CA ON00154 994.1-994.1.2.11 · File · 1914-1929
Part of Tom Long Local History Collection

File consists of the following: G. A. Outram Invoice, 1914; G. N. Patterson, 1914; F. H. Brown, 1914; Louis E. Hall, 1914; Bryan Sherry, 1914; Knights of Pythias, 1929; Odd Fellows Membership, 1928 and 1929.

CA ON00154 2015.80-2015.80.8-2015.80.8.20 · File · 2013
Part of Our Memories: Downtown Port Hope Oral History Project

File consists of a DVD including Allan White's "Our Memories: Downtown Port Hope" Oral History Project interview; and a paper copy of the interview transcript, 2013. The interview was edited and uploaded to YouTube with the following description: "Join the Port Hope Archives as we speak to local resident Allan White about his time owning Giffen's Hardware and other downtown memories."

Port Hope Archives
CA ON00154 2004.20-2004.20.2.8 · File · 1867-1873
Part of East Durham Land Registry Office Collection

File consists of two (2) documents related to the Alma of the Sons of the Temperance of Canada West, Division #186, Township of Hope, 1867 and 1873. Each document includes a Form of Notice, Form of Resolution and Form of Decision. Names on the documents include: Richard Boney, John Westlick, Arthur Cleyhom?, J. A. Grimison, Paul Upton Oke, John Oke, James B. McMachon, Edward Brockenshire, Thomas Westlick, William H. Giddy, John W. Peacock, Thomas Wade, Jesse Wood, John Grimison, William Greenaway, William Found, Thomas Grimison and Frank Northcott.

East Durham County Land Registry Office
Ambrose Family Land Transfer
CA ON00154 2004.20-2004.20.2.17 · File · 1884
Part of East Durham Land Registry Office Collection

File consists of a Transfer between John Charles Ambrose, his wife Julia Ambrose, of Brighton, England; George William Bawhee, Palmerston England, William Jackson, England to Thomas Hitchcock Ambrose and Henrietta Ambrose, Mortgagers on land situating in the town of Port Hope, lot 77 in original town plot, west side of Cavan Road. Instrument # 6863. Property is where the Ambrose Brewery was located.

East Durham County Land Registry Office
File · ? - 1885

File consists of copies of notes and copies of original materials relating to A. T. H. Williams, Riel Rebellion, death of A. T. H. Williams, Emily Williams, Sarah Williams. Also includes a copy of the funeral program for A. T. H. Williams and a copy of his obituary.

Williams, Arthur T. H. (Arthur Trefusis Heneage), 1837-1885
CA ON00154 994.2-995.4.1.5 · File · 1851-1896
Part of Michael Wladyka Collection

File consists of seventeen (17) business and financial papers originally belonging to Arthur T.H. Williams. It includes: (1) J. H. Delamere, 1868 Invoice; (2) D. Pillsworth, 1882 services rendered; (3) Canadian Express Company, 1881; (4) Fire Insurance Renewal Receipt, 1885; (5) Bank of Toronto, Candled Cheques, 1876, 1879, 1880, 1883; (6) Corporation of Port Hope Tax statement, 1882; (7) United Counties of Peterborough and Victoria, Taxes on property in Oops Township, 1860; (8) Duncan, Chisholm, Barrister & Attorney at Law, Port Hope, letter 1882; (9) Canada Company Receipt for land, 1860; (10) Rowlands Account, 1867; (11) The Midland Provident Loan & Building Society, 1877; (12) Superintendent of Insurance, letter, 1878; (13) Canada Company Office, Toronto, letter, 1851; (14) John Milligan, invoice for supplies needed for Doctor Shortt's house, 1864; (15) The Port Hope Gas Light Co., invoice, 1879; (16) Port Hope Market, receipt, hay purchase, 1860; (17) letter to Major Ryerson from General Middleton, Tower of London, 1896 (General Middleton was A. T. H. Williams' commanding officer).

CA ON00154 994.2-995.4.1.3 · File · 1859-1883
Part of Michael Wladyka Collection

File consists of nine (9) sets of papers originally owned by Arthur T.H. Williams. It includes: (1) St. John's Cemetery Plot list, no date; (2) J. Hoffman, Invoice, 1883; (3) Account list owned by A. T. H. Williams, 1863; (4) Sale Poster, lot 1, concession 7, Seymour Township for sale by A. T. H. Williams; (5) Affidavit of James Scott, Port Hope Attorney and A. T. H. Williams re: Williams' law training, 1859; (6) Correspondence - 4 pieces written by Horace Aghvin, 1866 to the Bensons. Mentions Williams' name; (7) copy of a letter by Henry White of Beaverton to H. Seymour, 1876; (8) letter, found in account book, 1865; (9) Account book, 1881 for A. T. H. Williams' properties. Lists locations by township, lot and concession.