Showing 28 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Ontario Buildings and structures
Print preview View:

2 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

ACO Port Hope Branch House Tour Papers

  • CA ON00154 2006.45
  • Fonds
  • 1968-2014

Fonds consists of the papers of the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch's House Tour Committee, 1974-2004. For more detailed information, refer to series-level descriptions.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch

ACO Port Hope House Tour Minutes

  • CA ON00154 995.6.6
  • Series
  • 1988-1994

Series consists of minutes and other papers regarding the running of the 1988 and 1994 ACO House Tours respectively.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, House Tour

ACO Port Hope House Tour Posters & House Information

  • CA ON00154 995.51
  • Series
  • 1983-2001

Series consists of House Tour information for the following properties: 65 Thomas Street, Coach House at Hill and Dale, 8 Baldwin Street, 71 Augusta Street, 59 King Street, "Muidar;" and House Tour posters from the following years: 1983, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1992, 2001.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, House Tour

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario CNR Station Renovation Papers

  • CA ON00154 995.7
  • Fonds
  • 1977-1986

Fonds consists of the papers created throughout the process of renovating the old Canadian National Railway station in Port Hope, c1977-1986. The project was supervised by the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch. Please refer to series-level descriptions for more detailed information.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Quinte Region Branch fonds

  • CA ON00156 MG 635
  • Fonds
  • 1983-2002

Contains mostly the Quinte Branch newsletter but also a number of walking tours of Belleville and Picton. Some of the minutes from meetings are also included as are some newspaper clippings associated with historic buildings of the region.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Quinte Branch

Belleville Fire Department collection

  • CA ON00156 2016-29
  • Collection
  • 1910-2015

Materials collected by the Belleville Fire Department from members and former members of the department. They include photographs, correspondence, press clippings and fire call logs.

Capitol Theatre Foundation fonds

  • CA ON00154 2004.26
  • Fonds
  • 1992-2004

Fonds consists of materials created by the Capitol Theatre Foundation over the course of renovations of the historic movie theatre, in Port Hope, 1992-2004.

Capitol Theatre (Port Hope, Ont.)

Cooke fonds

  • CA ON00034 2012-004
  • Fonds
  • 1855 - 2005

Fonds consists of material relating to J. Cooke Concrete and to William Jacob Cooke, and includes deeds and other legal documents relating to lands; correspondence; ephemera; news clippings; maps and plans; notes on biographical and administrative history; photographs; and artifacts.

Cooke family

Cullen Gardens and Miniature Village fonds

  • CA ON00329 F42
  • Fonds
  • 1966-2006

The fonds consists of operational and commemorative records related to Cullen Gardens and Miniature Village. Many operational records were created as Leonard Cullen and other staff developed and advertised the organization's site in Whitby, Ontario. Commemorative records preserve views of the site's grounds, seasonal displays, building interiors, and events. Additionally, the fonds contains some personal records from Leonard Cullen, most of which pertain to his involvement in the Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec and the Baptist Leadership Education Centre in Whitby. The fonds consists of four series: Site Maintenance and Expansion; Personal Writings and Baptist Community Involvement of Leonard Cullen; Promotions; and Photographs.

Cullen Gardens Inc.

Deseronto Archives photographic collection

  • Collection
  • 1860-

The photographs are arranged by subject matter and cover activities in and around the town of Deseronto, Ontario. The majority date from the late nineteenth century and many depict the lumber-related industries of the Rathbun Company in Deseronto. There are also photographs of school groups, churches, railways, First World War airfields and portraits of Deseronto citizens.

Deseronto Town Hall photograph collection

  • CA ON00397 2015.13
  • Collection
  • 1970s-2011

Photographs of Deseronto, Ontario dating from the 1970s to 2011, depicting a variety of Town events. They include a set of aerial photographs of the town from the 1980s; the interior of the former Home Hardware store in the Baker Block on Main Street; the O’Connor House on Main Street before its demolition; the 1989 100th Anniversary celebrations, photographs of Centennial Park and Rathbun Memorial Park; the opening of the Deseronto Public Library in its 358 Main Street location in 2001; the Ontario Provincial Police handover ceremony in 2001; an Easter Parade from the early 2000s; a Santa Parade; the 2002 New Year’s Levee; and the 2010 Olympic Flame run in Deseronto.

Most of the photographs appear to have been taken by Town staff. One envelope was donated to the Town by Irene Usher and contains photographs taken by her late husband, Tom.

Diocese of London - Sisters' Council series

  • CA ON00279 F01-S126
  • Series
  • 1966-1982, 2006

This series consists of committee reports by the Religious Education Program’s committees, of constitutions for the Sisters’ Council, of correspondence to and from the Sisters’ Council, of two newsclippings, and one agenda with hymns and prayers, and correspondence related to the Diocese of London’s 150th anniversary, of the treasurer’s report presented to the Sisters’ Council, of a study on the use of Chapels of Reservation, of membership lists for the Sisters’ Council, of newsletters created by the Council as well as by the Sisters’ Committee of the Essex Deanery, of questionnaires and correspondence related to the planning of the Study Days planned by the Sisters’ Council, and of the minutes, agendas, and surveys and questionnaires to aid event planning during the Sisters’ Council’s meetings.

Diocese of London - Sisters' Council

Donna McPherson fonds

  • Fonds
  • 2012

Photographs of historic homes in West Hill, Belleville, Ontario. The following houses are pictured:
16 Benjamin Street
35, 45, 70, 83, 110 and 117 Bridge St. West (and three unidentified properties)
2 Catherine Street
House at corner of Cedar/Henry Streets
10 and 12, 11, 14, 22, 23 and 58 Charlotte Street
Coleman (Billa Flint's house)
23, 29, 42 and 49 Dunbar Street
14 Henry Street
2, 11, 16, 25, 51, 74 and 88 Highland Street
Unidentified property on Holloway Street
8, 11, 18 and 26 Isabel Street (and Queen Mary's School)
9 and 102 James Street (and an unidentified property)
169 Moira St. West (and five unidentified properties)
114 Moodie Street
6, 18 and 20 Murney Street
Unidentified house on Octavia Street
125, 149 and 159 Yeoman Street

McPherson, Donna

Edward "Ted" Fulford fonds

  • CA ON00154 2016.16
  • Fonds
  • 1907-1975

Fonds consists of papers and artifacts related to various Port Hope organizations, the Fulford Bros. Dry Goods Store, and the Downtown Revitalization "Norwich Plan," c1907-1975. For more detailed information, please refer to series-level descriptions.

Fulford, Edward Lightle

Exhibition Stadium Corporation fonds

  • ON00421 RG 5
  • Fonds
  • 1946-1987, predominant 1975-1987

The records of the Exhibition Stadium Corporation, RG 5, are arranged and described at the series and sub-series levels and consist of 5.4 metres of textual and photographic material, one bound volume, and 72 architectural plans and sets of plans. The fonds documents the operation, management and maintenance of Exhibition Stadium, by the Exhibition Stadium Corporation and its Board of Management, from 1975 to 1987.

The fonds is divided into 6 series: General Manager's Files, Traffic and Stadium Operations Manager's Files, Board of Management Files, General Ledger, Photographs, and Architectural Plans.

Exhibition Stadium Corporation

Georgian Manor Home for the Aged fonds

  • Fonds
  • 1954-2010

Fonds consists of Georgian Manor Home for the Aged records.

Fonds is arranged in the following series:

Administration
Development and Planning
Finance and Accounting
Legal Affairs
Media and Public Relations
Miscellaneous
Social and Health Care Services

Georgian Manor Home for the Aged

Historic Port Hope Quilt Wall Hanging

  • CA ON00154 2009.19.2.1
  • Item
  • 1984

Item is a quilted wall-hanging, showing buildings of Port Hope. The buildings depicted on the quilt are as follows: Dunain, Belgrave's Water Tower (Greenwood Towers), The Octagon House, Pinehurst, The Bluestone, The Cone, St. Mark's Anglican Church, Port Hope Harbour, Town Hall, Robert Mitchell House, Forge Cottage, Chapel at Trinity College School, Walton Street, Viaduct, Ganaraska River, Wimbourne, North American Hotel, Methodist Church, United Church, CN Railway Station and The Belvedere. It was created by Betty Kerr (d. 2001) in 1984 to celebrate Port Hope's Sesquicentennial.

Kerr, Elizabeth (Shuttleworth)

Hoffman family fonds

  • CA ON00210 6
  • Fonds
  • 1946-1981

Fonds consists of correspondence, ledgers, publications, home movies and architectural drawings relating to the family life, business and community activities of Max and Celia Hoffman. There are three series: Business Series, Community Activities Series and Personal Series.

Hoffman (family)

John Doran collection

  • CA ON00156 2016-22
  • Collection
  • [1950s]

15 images rescued from the Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf in the 1980s. The images date from the early 1950s and are pasted on to card. They were used in teaching children at the school. They depict buildings in Belleville, Ontario: the Armouries; the Government Dock (printed image from a brochure); Deacon Brothers Ltd. (printed image of the Dundas Street site); postcard of Victoria Park and Belleville Harbour (taken from the City Hall tower); the Tabernacle United Church (b/w photograph); Belleville Public Works Department (b/w photograph); Belleville City Hall and Belleville City Council Chamber (2 b/w photographs); Shire Hall [demolished 1961] and Hastings County Council Chamber (2 b/w photographs); group of children standing behind Belleville Police Station, with Armouries in rear (b/w photograph); St. Thomas Church from the south (b/w photograph); Pump House (b/w photograph); Hastings County Registry Office (b/w photograph); the Baptist Church on Pinnacle Street/Victoria Avenue (b/w photograph).

The collection also includes a colour print of 'Keep BCI in the Picture' a reproduction of 'East Side, West Side' by Eve Lucy, printed by Market High as part of the campaign BCIVS 2000, commiteeted to keeping the Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School building as part of the Belleville landscape.

Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf

John Turnbull fonds

  • Fonds
  • 1823-1897

The fonds contains the papers of John S. Turnbull of Belleville, Ontario. Enclosed in the first file is a description of the property of a Mr. Forrin; a notice instructing Mr. Turnbull to pay Mr. James Anderson eleven pounds, ten shillings by Mr. James Turnbull; and a description of the west side of Front Street. The second file consists of items relating to Turnbull's estate including a list of properties he owned, a list of personal effects, the last will and testament of Margaret Campbell, the first and final wills of John Turnbull, and documents pertaining to a dispute over his estate by his family after his death, there is also a map of mineral reserves in Marmora. The third file is composed of various real estate contracts, the fourth file consists of real estate deeds, while the fifth file is made up of real estate leases.

Turnbull, John

Results 1 to 20 of 28