Showing 70 results

Archival description
3 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
CA ON00154 2016.16-2016.16.2 · Series · 1907-1975
Part of Edward "Ted" Fulford fonds

Series consists of correspondence, notes and invoices related to the Fulford family, and Fulford Bros. Dry Goods in Port Hope, c1907-1975. It includes: correspondence and financial information regarding the campaign for a missionary trip lead by the Methodist Church, and addressed to Harold Fulford; blank invoices from Fulford Bros.; and a hand-written description of Ted Fulford's military service during World War II.

Fulford, Edward Lightle
General Treasurer series
CA ON00279 F01-S012 · Series · 1971-2012

This series contains records created and accumulated by the office of the General Treasurer for the Sisters of St. Joseph in London, Ontario. The records are primarily related to managing the donations given by and to the Sisters and the funding for their ministries, missions, Motherhouses, residences, and outreach projects. In London, St. Joseph’s Hospitality Centre provided food security programs, Medaille Retreat House was a spiritual retreat centre for the Sisters, the Queens Avenue building was a home for women in need, and the Boulee Street house was a ministry to the poor. The Adult Spirituality Centre, St. Joseph’s Manor, the Foster Home on St. Rose Avenue, and Holy Rosary Convent were all in Windsor. St. Joseph’s Manor and the Foster Home were ministries to children in need and Holy Rosary Convent was the main convent for the Windsor Sisters. The Adult Spirituality Centre in Windsor provided spiritual direction and retreats. Another spiritual retreat, Marygrove, was in Aylmer. Outside of Ontario, there are records concerning the Photo History Project at Ataguttaaluk School in Igloolik, Nunavut in which Sister Mary Diesbourg participated, the Sisters at St. Joseph Regional House in Edmonton, Alberta, and the mission in Peru including the collaboration with Heart-Links, a London based charity focused on Peru.

The series includes reports, meeting agendas and minutes, mission statements, budgets, floorplans, funding proposals and requests, grant applications, forms, lists of Sisters involved with specific projects and sites, and correspondence concerning funding, donations, location changes, operations, and testimonials from the public supporting the Sisters’ projects. There are also resolution agreements from the Sisters’ projects. One agreement is with the sole shareholder of a company connected to a property owned by the London congregation, Marygrove, concerning the finances and leadership positions within the company. The other agreement is between the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary and the Sisters of St. Joseph to decide the future of the Adult Spirituality Center.

One of the ways that Sisters could request funding for their ministries from the congregation was through the Apostolic Services Fund. Arrangements for the creation of this fund, outlines of requirements to qualify for funding and funding applications are included.

Not all the material is concerned with finances. Some records pertain to other projects the General Treasurer was involved with, particularly when Sister Loretta Manzara held the office. In 2007, the Sisters moved from Mount St. Joseph to a new LEED certified residence at 485 Windermere Road. in the series includes records related to this transition such as the Sisters’ Statement of Values, reports, pamphlets, news clippings, an issue of London Citylife, and newsletters (one of which was titled Crossing Over). There is also material concerned with the sale of Mount St. Joseph, the former Motherhouse.

At the 2012 Foundation Day, the Annals Project was presented. It focused on a shift from keeping annals to looking at the life of the entire congregation as expressed through Chapter reports. Pamphlets, agendas, meeting minutes, and a report on this project are present. Accompanying this material are annotated photocopies of various reports covering the Sisters’ activities from 1959 to 2011 which were referenced for the project.

Records related to the London Sisters’ involvement in Goderich, Ontario are also present, such as correspondence and pamphlets about their commitment to the area and the 100th anniversary of the founding of the first convent outside London.

The series also includes descriptions of icons painted by Sister Mary Anthony Hartleib, as well as prints of some of her artwork (including on the back of her funeral card), and photographs of artwork by Philip Aziz. Other photographs in the series are from the mission in Peru and of students and elders in the report for the Photo History Project at Ataguttaaluk School.

Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada (London, Ont.)
Guatemala Annals series
CA ON00279 HF01-S004 · Series · 1960-2005

This series contains written histories and recollections including annals, correspondence, pamphlets, newspaper clippings, publications, donation lists, financial reports, legal documents, class lists, photographs, negatives, and meeting minutes.

Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada (Hamilton, Ont.)
Indian land sale grants
CA ON00031 AX2011.602-AX2011.602.S02 · Series · 1899
Part of John Spence family fonds

This series consists of Indian Land Sale Grants [Crown Patents] to Harry James Spence and John Harold Spence in the townships of Lindsay and St. Edmunds, as follows:

.001: Indian Land Sale Grant to John Harold Spence, March 20, 1899, re: Lot 42, Concession 13 East of the Bury Road, Lindsay Township.

.002: Indian Land Sale Grant to Harry James Spence, May 17, 1899, re: Lots 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10, Concession 3; and lots 5, 7, 9 and 10 in Concession 4, all east of the Bury Road, St. Edmunds Township.

.003: Indian Land Sale Grant to Harry James Spence, May 18, 1899, re: Lots 1, 2 and 3, Concession 3 East of the Bury Road, St. Edmunds Township.

.004: Indian Land Sale Grant to Harry James Spence, May 18, 1899, re: Lots 41 and 42, Concession 4 East of the Bury Road, St. Edmunds Township.

Spence, John Harold
CA ON00154 2015.25-2015.25.2 · Series · 1889-1909
Part of Long Family Collection

Series consists of two letter books from the Long Bros. Insurance Co., 1889-1892 ; 1909. They include copies of letters written to clients and other businesses during the course of business at Long Bros. Insurance, 1889-1892 and 1909. The letters mention: telephone rates, general accident insurance, Standard Ideal Manufacturing, Barrett's Mill, Port Hope Harbour, Grand Trunk Railroad, John Hume, Argyle, Brodigan Canada Neckwear, Thos. Long Letterhead, court guides, Hutchings (Rental Agent), Dongan, AHCC (46th Regiment), Canadian Pacific Railway, John Gibson (Garden Hill), Benson, Helm, Montgomery Real Estate, Smallpox, livestock rates, John Tozer (Fire Department), Chalk, Giddy, Rosevear, Foundry (Bush), W.E. Beamish, Cumberland (Dunain), Perth Mutual, Fire Brigade, Fireman's Accident Insurance Co., Traders Fire Insurance Co., Hartford, skating and curling rink, Rimouski, Trinity College School, Nicholson File Company, St. Paul's Presbyterian Church, Port Hope Marina.

CA ON00154 2015.25-2015.25.25 · Series · 1957-1984
Part of Long Family Collection

Series consists of advertising from Long Bros. Insurance Limited, 1957-1984. It includes: correspondence, newspaper clippings, and an insurance slip holder labelled "Long Bros. Insurance - Real Estate Dial 885-4501 Port Hope "Rather Than Go Short --- Call Long," undated.

Long, Norman Thomas
CA ON00279 F01-S094 · Series · 1969-2014

Series contains scrapbooks and photo albums, notes, cards, DVDs created and used by staff, meeting minutes, financial records from the Time Out program (1975-1980), program brochures, administrative records, annals from 1975-1990, newspaper articles about Medaille Retreat House, colour photographs, colour photograph negatives, and historical information about the retreat centre.

Medaille Retreat House
CA ON00279 50-0028 · Series · 1957-1963

This series contains records related to the ministry in Mount St. Patrick Ontario, conducted by the Sisters of St. Joseph in the Pembroke diocese. There are histories, newsclippings, financial accounts from 1957-1962, correspondence related to education and the withdrawal of the Sisters from Mount St. Patrick in July 1963, lists of Sisters who served in Mount St. Patrick, and ephemera related to a reunion in August 1987 and a 150-year celebration in 1993 of St. Patrick’s parishioners.

Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada (Pembroke, Ont.)
CA ON00154 2015.25-2015.25.39 · Series · 1980-1989
Part of Long Family Collection

Series consists of advertisements and newspaper clippings related to Mitchell and Black's Gardens Greenhouses on Molson Street, c1980s. The business was located in the "Mitchell House" at 82 Molson Street, and also went by the name of "Ontario Gardens." The articles were copied and clipped by N. Tom Long from the Port Hope Evening Guide.

Long, Norman Thomas
Muirheads
ON00120 018-1 · Series · 1956-2005
Part of Querney Family

Series consists of records the Querney family kept of Muirheads after selling the company to Grand & Toy, an OfficeMax company.

Photographs

Photographs are divided into seven subseries:
A - Architecture
B - Arts (Theatre, music, dance, arts, crafts)
C - Business & industry
D - Churches
E - Communities in Northwestern Ontario
F - People, families, & genealogy
G - Organizations

Photographs

Series consists of photograhs depicting the people and places of early Vaughan as well as the post offices throughout Vaughan Township (Norberta wrote a book Chatting About the Post Offices of Vaughan Township, Ontario, published 1983), Norberta was also a long-time journalist with the Woodbridge and Vaughan News and thus some of the photos she used in her articles can also be found in this series.

Photographs
Series · [191-?]-1988
Part of Elgin Co-Operative Services fonds

Series consists of black and white and colour photographs, negatives and slides showing Elgin Co-Operative Services employees, Directors, facilities, equipment, products and services, and events, [191-?]-1988. Includes photographs by Scott Studio, Elgin Studio and St. Thomas Times-Journal, St. Thomas.

CA ON00154 2014.22-2014.22.9 · Series · 1957-1974
Part of "Uncle Tom's Cabinet" Collection

Series consists of eight (8) documents relating to planning and development in Port Hope. (1) "Our Valley" from the Department of Planning and Development, vol. 3 no. 2, July 1957. (2) Correspondence between A.R. Good, Robin Long and Gordon C. Kelly about Zoning By-law in Port Hope and the sale of Block A on plan 114 (3) Correspondence between Gordon C. Kelly and Port Hope Development Co. Limited regarding the Official Plan and Zoning By-law (4) Correspondence between Gordon C. Kelly and the Port Hope Development Company regarding and Robin Long about Re-Zoning in Port Hope (5) A map of Highland Heights, Part of Lots 7 and 8 Concession 2, Hope Township (6) A booklet from Lakeview Estates. The Pilgram, The Williamsburg, The Jamestown, The Pioneer and the Provincetown are all featured in the book. (7) A Pricelist from Schickedanz Bros. Limited from January 1974 for . The Pilgram, The Williamsburg, The Jamestown, The Pioneer and the Provincetown (8) a folder from Strathrose Estates with flyers inside on the following; Energy Efficient Insulation Standards, The Midland, The Helm, The Durham, The Ralston, The Carlyle, a map and standard featured.

Long, Norman Thomas
CA ON00154 2014.22-2014.22.15 · Series · 1988
Part of "Uncle Tom's Cabinet" Collection

Series consists of a number of documents from the Port Hope and District Chamber of Commerce. Documents include; directors' meeting notes, cartoon, finance committee terms of reference, membership form, membership questionnaire, "Chamber Update" a publication from the Chamber (Spring 1988), correspondence and other misc. papers.

Long, Norman Thomas
CA ON00154 2014.22-2014.22.17 · Series · 1900-1992
Part of "Uncle Tom's Cabinet" Collection

Series consists of documents from local businesses, churches and associations in Port Hope. The following are included; (1) Greenwood Tower Inn x3, LACAC, The Victoria Inn, The Carlyle, Elizabethville United Church, Dialogue Partners, Agrico Fertilizers, Durham Riding Progressive Conservative Association, East Durham Historical Society, Antiques and Handcrafts, Smith's Creek Antiques, Griffindale Farm, Port Hope Board of Trade x2, The Port Hope Sail Training Project, Historical Port Hope (publication), Church of St. John the Evangelist, Joseph Scriver, Antiques and Decorative Art, Jack Record Fire Hall, Historic Port Hope Events, Port Hope Council Business Plan x2, Port Hope Postal Service and Downtown Port Hope.

Long, Norman Thomas
CA ON00154 2016.16-2016.16.3 · Series · 1962-1975
Part of Edward "Ted" Fulford fonds

Series consists of research and articles gathered by the Port Hope Board of Trade, including Ted Fulford, regarding the potential implementation of the "Norwich Plan" for downtown revitalization, 1962-1975. For more information, refer to file-level descriptions.

Fulford, Edward Lightle
CA ON00154 2015.51-2015.51.12 · Series · 1873-1953
Part of Port Hope High School fonds

Series consists of the account books of Port Hope High School, 1873-1953. They contain the financial operating information of the school, including: pay scales for teachers, costs of supplies and maintenance, etc. It also includes: "Catalogue of High School or Collegiate Institute Equipment," Inventory Book.

Port Hope High School
CA ON00154 2015.51-2015.51.10 · Series · 1954-1962
Part of Port Hope High School fonds

Series consists of various architectural proposals, including the original blueprints, for the construction of the new Port Hope High School at 130 Highland Drive, as well as an addition, 1954-1962. All of the architectural work was done by Barnett and Rieder.

Port Hope High School