Showing 3 results

Archival description
2 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
CA ON00279 16 · Series · 1948-2017

This series contains records concerned with the founding, ownership, operation, transfer, and closing of Radville Community Hospital and Marian Home. Primary topics within the records are the history and management of the two institutions, the minutes of the Governing Board, and the transfer of ownership. Records include invitations, event programs, speeches, pamphlets, booklets, a directory, histories, correspondence, news clippings, photographs, inventories, legal agreements and contracts, financial and insurance records, and facility policies and bylaws.

Notable items include a 1970 pictorial directory of Holy Family Parish, a list of Sisters who ministered in Radville, a list of 1949 donations for the creation of the hospital, a 1989 accreditation survey report for Radville Community Hospital and Marian Home, the minutes of the Governing Board, operational reports from hospital committees and staff, a 1980 consultation by the Catholic Health Association of Canada, and legal agreements concerning the ownership and transfer of the medical facilities and property. There is also some material concerning the estate of Reverend Father Earnest A. Yandeau, who left a donation to the Sisters of St. Joseph in Radville upon his death in 1969, and the Summer Extern Program, a program for undergraduate medical students to gain experience in a clinical setting.

The photographs are primarily of the Radville Community Hospital and Marian Home, the staff, the Sisters, the town of Radville, the 2017 memorial, and reunion events. The correspondence concerns the lives of the Sisters in Radville and the opening, operation, and relinquishing of ownership of the Radville Community Hospital and Marian Home.

Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada (Pembroke, Ont.)
CA ON00279 40 · Series · 1947-1991

This series contains records concerning the involvement of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Pembroke with St. Joseph’s Hospital in Barrhead, Alberta. The records cover the establishment of the hospital, the administration and operation of the hospital, the transfer of the hospital, and the Sisters’ involvement with the Catholic Hospital Association and the Alberta Hospital Association. Materials include financial records, agreements for the purchase and sale of property, annals, memoirs, pamphlets, booklets, newsletters, lot maps, hospital floor plans, hospital bylaws, correspondence, and photographs. The major topics within the correspondence include establishing and operating the hospital, finances, the purchase and sale of property, construction and renovations, Catholic hospitals and medical ethics in Alberta, the changing role of Sisters in the hospital, and the relinquishing of ownership of the hospital. The photographs are of the hospital and Sisters at various events and locations.

Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada (Pembroke, Ont.)
CA ON00279 50-0014 · Series · 1950-1975, 1988

This series contains records related to the ministries in Campbell’s Bay, Quebec, carried out by the Sisters of St. Joseph in the Pembroke diocese. There is a papal blessing from Pope Pius in 1950 for the Sisters as they started their mission. There is correspondence, much of it relating to the building that was rented for the convent and which contained a chapel. There are a few parish bulletins, a newsletter, and newsclippings, as well as a manuscript history of the Sisters in Campbell’s Bay. The series also includes a souvenir booklet for St. John the Evangelist Parish from 1919-1989 which is illustrated with photographs and is in both French and English. After 50 years of service in the field of education, the Sisters were given a farewell tea in June 1975, organized by parishioners and the Catholic Women’s League. When St. Joseph’s Manor, a nursing home, opened in Campbell’s Bay on October 27, 1968, the Sisters provided care. There is correspondence related to this staffing the facility, donations, and the eventual closure of the convent, which took place in April 1982. There are also newsclippings about St. Joseph’s Manor and a program for the official opening.

Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada (Pembroke, Ont.)