Showing 24 results

Archival description
24 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
CA ON00279 16 · Series · 1948-2017

This series contains records concerned with the founding, ownership, operation, transfer, and closing of Radville Community Hospital and Marian Home. Primary topics within the records are the history and management of the two institutions, the minutes of the Governing Board, and the transfer of ownership. Records include invitations, event programs, speeches, pamphlets, booklets, a directory, histories, correspondence, news clippings, photographs, inventories, legal agreements and contracts, financial and insurance records, and facility policies and bylaws.

Notable items include a 1970 pictorial directory of Holy Family Parish, a list of Sisters who ministered in Radville, a list of 1949 donations for the creation of the hospital, a 1989 accreditation survey report for Radville Community Hospital and Marian Home, the minutes of the Governing Board, operational reports from hospital committees and staff, a 1980 consultation by the Catholic Health Association of Canada, and legal agreements concerning the ownership and transfer of the medical facilities and property. There is also some material concerning the estate of Reverend Father Earnest A. Yandeau, who left a donation to the Sisters of St. Joseph in Radville upon his death in 1969, and the Summer Extern Program, a program for undergraduate medical students to gain experience in a clinical setting.

The photographs are primarily of the Radville Community Hospital and Marian Home, the staff, the Sisters, the town of Radville, the 2017 memorial, and reunion events. The correspondence concerns the lives of the Sisters in Radville and the opening, operation, and relinquishing of ownership of the Radville Community Hospital and Marian Home.

Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada (Pembroke, Ont.)
CA ON00279 50-0014 · Series · 1950-1975, 1988

This series contains records related to the ministries in Campbell’s Bay, Quebec, carried out by the Sisters of St. Joseph in the Pembroke diocese. There is a papal blessing from Pope Pius in 1950 for the Sisters as they started their mission. There is correspondence, much of it relating to the building that was rented for the convent and which contained a chapel. There are a few parish bulletins, a newsletter, and newsclippings, as well as a manuscript history of the Sisters in Campbell’s Bay. The series also includes a souvenir booklet for St. John the Evangelist Parish from 1919-1989 which is illustrated with photographs and is in both French and English. After 50 years of service in the field of education, the Sisters were given a farewell tea in June 1975, organized by parishioners and the Catholic Women’s League. When St. Joseph’s Manor, a nursing home, opened in Campbell’s Bay on October 27, 1968, the Sisters provided care. There is correspondence related to this staffing the facility, donations, and the eventual closure of the convent, which took place in April 1982. There are also newsclippings about St. Joseph’s Manor and a program for the official opening.

Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada (Pembroke, Ont.)
CA ON00279 F01-S108 · Series · 2005-2019

This series contains records related to the residence of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph located at 485 Windermere Road, London, Ont. The main topics are the design, and construction of the new building, its stained glass and metal artwork, public education efforts concerning the environmental features of the residence, the Sisters’ planning to move into the building, and the on-going administrative and community work of the Sisters.

A large collection of photographs shows the demolition of the old Medaille Retreat House and all phases of the construction of the new building. Information about the LEED environmental features of the residence are outlined in pamphlets, photographs, magazine and newspaper articles, event programs, and a CD-ROM Power-Point presentation. Brochures, flyers, and the scripts used by facility tour guides as part of the public education program provide detailed insight into the green features of the new building.

The series contains a copy of the Spring, 2013 issue of Stained Glass, Journal of the Stained Glass Association of America which has photographs and information about the stained glass mural commissioned for the Chapel entitled “Life Itself -That All May Be One” created by Ted Goodden. A sketchbook of drawings by Ron Milton used in the creation of the metalwork panels depicting fauna of the area which adorns the main foyer, and a magazine article profiling the artist are included in this series. A short description of the reconstruction of, and the features of the Casavant organ at 485 Windermere is contained in the series. Event programs and speaking notes prepared for the sod turning, land and building blessing ceremonies and the grand opening are included. Ancillary administrative matters related to the sale of the old Mount St. Joseph facility and its conversion to a retirement residence, and the granting of an exemption from taxation for municipal and school purposes are outlined in news clippings. The series contains is a 2010 study prepared for the Sisters by Deloitte, detailing demographic and financial projections, and recommendations to sustain financial support for the operation of the residence and the provision of needs-based care, assisted living, and hospice services to the Sisters. Minutes, email correspondence, and records of the Suites committee, deal with recommendations for facility uses, room allocation, the rental of surplus suites, and the need for additional staff to oversee administrative matters related to the suites. There are a few issues of a 2013 bulletin entitled London Neighbourhood Update. The bulletin provides information about administrative issues of concern to the Sisters, news from the Congregational Leadership Circle, special events, and accounts of the activities of individual Sisters. The bulletin refers to progress on the hospice project which resulted in the establishment of a hospice administered by a separate entity on the north and east wings of the third floor of the residence some time after the Sisters moved into the residence.

The records include a news release announcing educational bursaries for sole support mothers attending Brescia University College and Fanshawe College. News clippings report the end of the Sisters’ involvement in the governance of St. Joseph’s Health Care after 120 years, and the release of a commemorative book entitled Sister: The History of the Sisters of St. Joseph, of London published by St. Joseph’s Health Care. There is a collection of photographs of children engaged in planting trees at 485 Windermere as part of an Upper Thames Conservation initiative. A brochure advertising the cost of room and board at the residence for retreat days, week-long retreats, and companion retreats is included.

A press release sets out details of the Sisters of St. Joseph educational scholarship program, and news clippings report on the concerts performed by the Intergenerational Choir comprised of Sisters and local high-school students. Event brochures detail staff service award celebrations and an anniversary dinner celebrating the founding of the Sisters of St. Joseph. There is a collection of photographs of Sisters during taken during the 140th the anniversary dinner of the Sisters in 2008.

Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada (London, Ont.)
St. Joseph's Hospice series
CA ON00279 F01-S109 · Series · 2012-2014

Series consists of records pertaining to the construction and opening of St. Joseph’s Hospice. This includes meeting minutes, leasing agreements, newsletters, correspondence, architectural drawings and prayers and blessings. There is a zip disk containing digital copies of textual records originally arranged in five binder sections.

Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada (London, Ont.)
Education, Sarnia, ON series
CA ON00279 F01-S115 · Series · 1940-2005

This series concerns the involvement of the Sisters of St. Joseph in the London diocese in the field of education in Sarnia, Ontario, where the Sisters worked as teachers, principals, and administrators. The records are primarily concerned with St. Michael’s School, St. Patricia’s High School, and St. Patrick’s High School. Material in this series includes correspondence, photographs, news clippings, event programs, histories, yearbooks, alumni newsletters, and St. Patrick’s High School’s newsletters. The school newsletter, also referenced as the school paper, was called The Annunciata and later renamed The Shamrock. The St. Patrick’s High School’s yearbooks were also called The Shamrock. The correspondence is concerned with the Sisters’ employment, the Sarnia Roman Catholic Separate School Board’s involvement with the schools, the opening of St. Patricia’s Senior School, and the amalgamation of St. Patrick’s Senior High School and St. Patricia’s Junior High School. There are also meeting minutes of the Sarnia Roman Catholic Separate School Board and lists of teaching Sisters and the schools they taught at.

Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada (London, Ont.)
CA ON00279 F01-S118 · Series · 1939-2008

This series concerns the involvement of the Sisters of St. Joseph from the London diocese in the field of education in Windsor, Ontario. There is material concerned with the religious orientation of the schools and the teaching qualifications and roles of religious staff. This includes records from the Special Commission of Inquiry in Regard to Brennan High School, Windsor, Ontario such as reports, correspondence, and meeting minutes. Other material in this series includes correspondence, photographs, histories, news clippings, booklets, event programs, yearbooks, and regulations from the Windsor Roman Catholic Separate School Board. The correspondence concerns the quality of religious education, teachers’ salaries, the history of Sisters’ involvement in education in Windsor, and reunion and anniversary events.

Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada (London, Ont.)
CA ON00279 F01-S125 · Series · 1868-2005, predominant 1929-1980

Series contains correspondence, deeds, photographs, and newspaper articles about Mount Hope Motherhouse in London, Ontario before its purchase and while it was operating. Earliest records include a report card from 1868, a letter dated 1869, and an original deed of land dated 1883. Records from the late 1920s to 1960s include original newsclippings. Many of the records are undated photographs, photocopies, or typed histories and biographies. The latest record dated 2005 is email correspondence.

Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada (London, Ont.)
CA ON00279 F01-SF02 · Sous-fonds · 1930-2015 [photocopied 201-?]

Sous-fonds contains photographs, newspaper clippings, correspondence, programs, reports; sound recordings of performances; information about students, teachers (both Sisters and lay teachers), award winners, and alumni; the administrative activities of the Academy; its history, including the opening, closing, graduations, and yearbooks; correspondence with the Ministry of Education of Ontario; and notable groups such as the Academy Singers.

Mount Saint Joseph Academy
CA ON00279 F01-SF03 · Sous-fonds · 1914-1995

This sous-fonds contains materials related to the activities of the St. Joseph's School of Music, including rosters of staff and students, music festival results, sheet music, photographs and scrapbooks.

St. Joseph's School of Music
CA ON00408 F012 · Fonds · 1888, 1905-1999

Fonds reflects the administration of Loyal Orange Lodge No. 876, particularly its membership, finances, and meetings. Records are arranged into two series, one containing dues books and membership rolls, the other containing minute books. The fonds also contains records that are not part of any series, including the Lodge's warrant, lists of past masters, and Orange Order-related prints.

Loyal Orange Lodge No. 876 (North Bay)
CA ON00408 F014 · Fonds · 1918-1954

Fonds reflects the administration of Lady Patricia Ladies Orange Benevolent Association No. 256, particularly its membership, finances, and meetings. Records are arranged into two series: Dues books and membership rolls, and Minute books. The fonds also contains 2 photographs and a treasurer book that are not part of any series.

Lady Patricia Ladies Orange Benevolent Association No. 256
CA ON00408 F018 · Fonds · 1909-1994

Fonds reflects the administration of King Hiram Royal Black Preceptory No. 762, particularly its meetings, membership, and finances. Records are arranged into three series: Attendance books; Finances and membership; and Minute books. The fonds also contains records that are not part of any series, including two photographs, lists of preceptors, and annual returns.

King Hiram Royal Black Preceptory No. 762
CA ON00279 F02 · Fonds · 1927-1995

This fonds consists of records that pertain to St. Joseph's Hospital, Galahad, Alta. More specifically, it consists of written histories about the hospital, commemorative materials related to the hospital, and hospital administrative materials.

St. Joseph's Hospital (Galahad, Alta.)
CA ON00279 F03 · Fonds · 1930-2010, predominant 1963-2010

The fonds consists of histories for Killam, Galahad, Rimbey and Stettler hospitals that have been combined to create a history of the Alberta hospitals run by the Sisters of St. Joseph. Killam General Hospital was opened for the longest period of all these hospitals, and therefore a large quantity of the combined history is about this hospital. Along with the series for the histories of the four hospitals, there are series for commemorative and administrative materials. The fonds contains community histories, a timeline, staff listings, correspondence, newsletters, pamphlets, and photographs.

Killam General Hospital (Killam, Alta.)
Rimbey Hospital, Alta. fonds
CA ON00279 F04 · Fonds · 1926-1964

Fonds consists of histories written about the hospital, a newspaper, newspaper clippings, correspondence, a memorandum of agreement, financial papers, a staff list, an invitation, and a newsletter.

St. Paul's Hospital (Rimbey, Alta.)
CA ON00408 F042 · Fonds · 1953-1997

Fonds reflects the Laurier Avenue United Church's commemoration of its history and anniversaries, as well as the management of its finances and facilities.

Laurier Avenue United Church
CA ON00408 F043 · Fonds · 1928, 1981-2005

Fonds contains annual reports and newsletters.

Saint Andrew's United Church (North Bay)
CA ON00279 F06 · Fonds · 1890-2009

The fonds consists of essays, annals, a memoire, correspondence, memos, minutes, reports, financial papers, newspapers, newspaper clippings, photographs, drawings, floor plans, fact sheets, orientation booklets, bylaws, yearbooks, speeches, programmes, invitations, cards, newsletters, posters, flyers, press releases, membership roll, scrapbooks, and certificates.

St. Joseph's Hospital (Chatham, Ont.)
CA ON00279 F07 · Fonds · 1944-2004

This fonds contains records pertaining to the activities of the hospital and its associated administrators, staff, and organizations, including histories, annals, financial documents, governance records, photographs of people, the buildings and events, and news clippings.

St. Joseph's Hospital (Sarnia, Ont.)
House of Providence fonds
CA ON00279 F13 · Fonds · 1869-2002

This fonds consists of records that pertain to the House of Providence and Marian Villa. More specifically, it consists of histories, commemorative materials, and administrative materials. There are also records related to the Marian Villa Auxiliary.

House of Providence