The 1960 newsletter was a “trial run” of a community effort to provide news to the Sisters throughout the diocese. The newsletter successfully wove together important topics and issues for the Sisters, and was subsequently printed every two months. Healthcare, missions, ministries and important Motherhouse events, such as jubilees, are discussed in each issue. A list of new postulants is provided periodically. Community building projects, such as the Hamilton and Kitchener hospital expansions are documented.
Local News Articles. Mostly Clippings from The Georgetown Herald. Newspaper clippings
10162 Regional Rd. 25 (Hwy. 401 and Regional Rd. 25. Newspaper clipping from 2015
This sub-series contains a poem written for the Tenth Anniversary of the Ayr Travel Club. The poem, written by a Miss M. A. Murray, is addressed to Mrs. Chase, the Club founder, who was moving away that year (1921). The poem explains in verse why and how the Club was founded, the countries they have studied, what they do during the Summer and how much they will miss Mrs. Chase. With this is an envelope upon which are instructions that the poem should be preserved with the Travel Club records.
The subseries contains records related to St. John's Lutheran Church parsonage, located at 120 Allen Street East in Waterloo, Ontario. Constructed in 1961, the parsonage was home to Rev. Conrad and his family. It was demolished in 1987 to make room for Phase III of Luthern Manor.