Showing 4 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Hastings, County of Collection Buildings and structures
Print preview View:

1 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Belleville Fire Department collection

  • CA ON00156 2016-29
  • Collection
  • 1910-2015

Materials collected by the Belleville Fire Department from members and former members of the department. They include photographs, correspondence, press clippings and fire call logs.

Deseronto Archives photographic collection

  • Collection
  • 1860-

The photographs are arranged by subject matter and cover activities in and around the town of Deseronto, Ontario. The majority date from the late nineteenth century and many depict the lumber-related industries of the Rathbun Company in Deseronto. There are also photographs of school groups, churches, railways, First World War airfields and portraits of Deseronto citizens.

Deseronto Town Hall photograph collection

  • CA ON00397 2015.13
  • Collection
  • 1970s-2011

Photographs of Deseronto, Ontario dating from the 1970s to 2011, depicting a variety of Town events. They include a set of aerial photographs of the town from the 1980s; the interior of the former Home Hardware store in the Baker Block on Main Street; the O’Connor House on Main Street before its demolition; the 1989 100th Anniversary celebrations, photographs of Centennial Park and Rathbun Memorial Park; the opening of the Deseronto Public Library in its 358 Main Street location in 2001; the Ontario Provincial Police handover ceremony in 2001; an Easter Parade from the early 2000s; a Santa Parade; the 2002 New Year’s Levee; and the 2010 Olympic Flame run in Deseronto.

Most of the photographs appear to have been taken by Town staff. One envelope was donated to the Town by Irene Usher and contains photographs taken by her late husband, Tom.

John Doran collection

  • CA ON00156 2016-22
  • Collection
  • [1950s]

15 images rescued from the Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf in the 1980s. The images date from the early 1950s and are pasted on to card. They were used in teaching children at the school. They depict buildings in Belleville, Ontario: the Armouries; the Government Dock (printed image from a brochure); Deacon Brothers Ltd. (printed image of the Dundas Street site); postcard of Victoria Park and Belleville Harbour (taken from the City Hall tower); the Tabernacle United Church (b/w photograph); Belleville Public Works Department (b/w photograph); Belleville City Hall and Belleville City Council Chamber (2 b/w photographs); Shire Hall [demolished 1961] and Hastings County Council Chamber (2 b/w photographs); group of children standing behind Belleville Police Station, with Armouries in rear (b/w photograph); St. Thomas Church from the south (b/w photograph); Pump House (b/w photograph); Hastings County Registry Office (b/w photograph); the Baptist Church on Pinnacle Street/Victoria Avenue (b/w photograph).

The collection also includes a colour print of 'Keep BCI in the Picture' a reproduction of 'East Side, West Side' by Eve Lucy, printed by Market High as part of the campaign BCIVS 2000, commiteeted to keeping the Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School building as part of the Belleville landscape.

Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf