This object is a bear in a hammock between two trees. Ground below the hammock portrays the Guelph (Carnegie) public library in use from 1905 to 1964. "Public Libary Guelph, Canada" is written on the base of the object.
This coin was created during Guelph's sesquicentennial. The front of the coin reads "Sesquicentennial Dollar Value 1.00 in Guelph Expires 31 December 1977". The coin is placed in a cardboard coin holder. The front of the coin holder contains a brief history of Guelph while the reverse contains information about the coin.
Collection consists of ceramic ornaments, souvenir tea cups, and plates related to the history of Guelph. A number of the objects contain the image of the Guelph (Carnegie) Public Library or of the City of Guelph’s original coat of arms with the latin inscription "Fides, Professio, Fidelitas". Other plates include the city’s current coat of arms recreated in the late 1970s. Included in this collection is a dollar coin created for Guelph's sesquicentennial in 1977.
This cup has four legs and a gold color trim on the front. The Guelph Carnegie Public Library in use from 1905 to 1964 is pictured on the front of the cup. "Made in Germany" is written on the bottom of the cup.
This black cup contains the image of the Guelph (Carnegie) Public Library in use from 1905 to 1964. "Guelph Public Library" is written on the other side of the cup. "Made in China / Headwind" is written on the bottom of the cup.
This white dish contains an image of the Guelph (Carnegie) Public Library in use from 1905 to 1964. "Public Library, Guelph, Ont" is written at the bottom of the image. "Victoria Austria" is written on the bottom of the dish.