Emmanuel Church, Anglican (Arnprior, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Emmanuel Church, Anglican (Arnprior, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

    Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

      Other form(s) of name

        Identifiers for corporate bodies

        Description area

        Dates of existence


        Monthly services were held in the Arnprior area as early as 1861. Emmanuel Church was built in 1869 and consecrated by Bishop J. Travers Lewis on November 26, 1884. By 1901, a spire and porch had been added and the basement deepened and drained. Renovations to the church and parsonage were undertaken in 1912. The 100th anniversary of Emmanuel Church, Arnprior was celebrated on October 22, 1961 at which time a combination parish hall and auxiliary rooms was built. Arnprior is a one-point parish.


        Legal status

        Functions, occupations and activities

        Mandates/sources of authority

        Internal structures/genealogy

        General context

        Relationships area

        Access points area

        Subject access points

        Place access points


        Control area

        Authority record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules and/or conventions used


        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion




            Maintenance notes