Fonds Document Box A - Associated Synagogues of Ottawa fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Associated Synagogues of Ottawa fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00220 Document Box A

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • l931-l933 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 item

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Associated Synagogues of Ottawa was a committee of the Agudath Achim Congregation (Rideau Street), Machzikei Hadas Congregation (Murray Street and Bnai Jacob Congregation (James Street). The Congregation of Adath Jeshurun (King Edward Street) joined the Associated Synagogues in 1933. The initial purpose was to arrange a spiritual leader for the Ottawa congregations. Rev. Abraham H. Freedman was their first appointment. At the Associated Synagogues Committee meeting of August 28, l933, Caspar Caplan moved “that the executives of the Associated Synagogues of Ottawa recommend that a Vaad Ha’Ir of twenty-six members be appointed by the Congregations ... and that this body administer the various branches of Jewish activities in the city, principally Hakashruth, Jewish education and spiritual guidance, with powers to act for the Congregations in the advancement of Judaism in our city”. The Associated Synagogues were organized into the Ottawa Vaad Ha’Ir in 1934.

Custodial history

Received from National Archives of Canada, July, l996.

Scope and content

Item is a minute book.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Open

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres