Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Aldborough Old Boys Association
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Aldborough Old Boys Association was organized on November 27, 1920, and the first officers were as follows: President Hon. F.G. Macdiarmid; Vice-President Archibald MacColl, Secretary J.G. Gillies, Treasurer Robert Kelly; Directors Duncan McPhail, Peter Stalker, Dr. S.M. Dorland, D.M. Buchan, James Barnett, Daniel MacKillop and Michael Baker.
To commemorate the landing, at Nellie's Hill, of the early pioneers, in grateful recognition of their bravery, sacrifice, suffering, and self-denial, and to perpetuate the cherished memory of those nation builders, The Aldborough Old Boys' Association purchased and possessed several acres of land at the lakeside, and thereon are erected a number of good buildings that were used by the community when holding picnics and other public gatherings. These inviting grounds had gained popular favour with the residents of the township, and for many miles around various organizations had selected them for annual and other gatherings.
The Association has also erected an attractive cairn bearing the names of many early settlers and likewise the names of those from the township who served in the First World War.
Aldborough (Ont. : Township)